“I love this dish. The various shades of colour make you stop to check what’s in there: heirloom carrots, cucumber, jicama, basil, baby kale, pickled red onion, red and green sweet pepper. It is the perfect spring and summer dish. Serve with Sable & Rosenfeld Red Pepper Thai Bruschetta crusted chicken breast or your favourite grilled fish.”
- A note from the chef, Simon Kattar
- 1 jar of Sable & Rosenfeld Red Pepper Thai Bruschetta
- 1½ Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup julienned colorful heirloom carrot (soaked in water until ready to use)
- ½ cup julienned jicama, peeled (soaked in water until ready to use)
- ½ cup julienned English cucumber
- ½ cup julienned red and green sweet pepper
- ½ cup julienned Roma tomatoes, seeded, center part removed
- 1 cup of baby kale
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 4 Chicken Breasts (or Salmon Fillets)
- Optional garnishes:
- Sesame seeds
- Sprouts or micro greens
- Edible flower petals
- Sable & Rosenfeld Tipsy Tapas Sweet Peppers
- Sable & Rosenfeld Vodka Jalapeño Tipsy Olives
- In a small bowl, mix together:
- 1 cup Sable & Rosenfeld Red Pepper Thai Bruschetta
- 1½ Tbsp of sesame oil
Pickled Red Onion:
- Cut 1 red onion in half, slice thinly and set in a bowl. In a small pot, bring the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, bay leaf, fresh thyme, and black peppercorns to a boil for 2 minutes. Pour brine over onions and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour…this can be done ahead of time.
Thai Chicken or Salmon:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake chicken breast for 20 minutes or 12-15 minutes for Salmon
- Remove the protein from the oven.
- Cover the protein generously with Sable & Rosenfeld Red Pepper Thai Bruschetta.
- Place the protein back into oven to bake for another 5-8 minutes.
- Remove and slice.
- Spoon ¼ cup of the dressing into a large mixing bowl.
- Remove the julienne of vegetables from the water and drain.
- Remove and drain desired amount of pickled red onion.
- Add to the bowl and toss all the vegetables together (heirloom carrot, English cucumber, jicama, peeled red and green sweet pepper, baby kale, and Roma tomatoes and pickled onions).
- Neatly pile onto serving platter and drizzle the remaining dressing over the vegetables evenly.
- Garnish (with sesame seeds, sprouts or micro greens, basil, edible flower petals, Sable & Rosenfeld Tipsy Tapas Sweet Peppers or Vodka Jalapeño Tipsy Olives).
- Top with sliced Red Pepper Thai Bruschetta crusted chicken breasts (or Thai salmon fillets).