Jerk chicken can be paired with a fruit salsa. Try creating a classic island menu of rice and beans and grilled plantains to round out the meal.
- 4 chicken breast halves or 4lb of wings on the bone with the skin
- 1 cup Sable & Rosenfeld Tipsy Jerk Sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1Tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup pineapple, finely diced
- 1/3 cup English cucumber, finely diced and seeded
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the chicken in a large shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 8 - 24 hours, depending on how intense you want the flavor to be. Turn frequently.
- When ready to cook, heat the grill to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Oil the grill grates. Add the chicken, skin side down, and grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn the pieces of chicken, then grill for another 10 to 15 minutes, or just cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
- Serve with salsa of your choice.