Make Your Own Pizza Station is a great idea from a kids party to a tailgating game day party.
Offer pre-made pizza crusts and a variety of toppings and have your guests build their own pizza. Keep the sauce and toppings simple, there are no rules so choose the toppings you love. If you'd like fresh greens or herbs (like arugula or basil) on your pizza, sprinkle them over the pizza right when it comes out of the oven. The residual heat from the pizza will wilt the greens just slightly and bring out their flavour.
- 10 oz of Premade Pizza shells such as Boboli Thin Crust
- ½ - 1 cup sauce: tomato sauce, white sauce, or other spread.
- 2 to 3 cups other toppings: pepperoni, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, sliced Roma tomatoes, Sable & Rosenfeld Mediterranean Olive Bruschetta and Sable & Rosenfeld Spicy Olive Bruschetta.
- 1 to 2 cups shredded or sliced cheese (4 to 8 ounces) such as mozzarella, Monterey Jack, provolone, fontina, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Heat the oven to 450°F. Arrange a rack in the lower-middle part of the oven (if you have a baking stone, place it on the rack).
- Spoon half of the sauce onto the center of the pizza and use the back of the spoon to spread it out to the edges. Pile on half of the toppings and half of the cheese.
- Place the pizza on the pizza stone or on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, then rotate the pizza. Bake until the crust is golden-brown and the cheese is melted and browned in spots, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Transfer the pizza to a cooling rack and let cool slightly, just until you're able to handle it. Transfer to a cutting board, slice into pieces, and serve.
- Makes 2 (10-inch) pizzas. Services 4.