The cocktail is designed to be a contrasting flavor pairing to the blue cheese stuffed olives. The salt in the olive brine alongside the fresh, clean, delicate notes of the cucumber and dill provide a fresh palate, while the citrus notes of the Tanqueray Ten gin amplifies the citrus in the gimlet.
Recipe by Simon Hooper
- 2 oz gin (used Tanqueray TEN gin)
- ¼ oz Sable & Rosenfeld Tipsy Blue Cheese Olive brine
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup (1:1)
- 2 chunks of peeled cucumber (approx. 1 inch)
- 2 sprigs of dill
- Sable & Rosenfeld Blue Cheese Tipsy Olives
- Muddle cucumber and dill in a martini shaker.
- Add all other ingredients. Add ice and shake hard until well chilled.
- Fine strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with Sable & Rosenfeld Blue Cheese Tipsy Olives and a sprig of dill.
Back to Recipes