Here's how we make our Holiday Turkey at Sable & Rosenfeld.
- 1 turkey, 18 to 22 pounds
- 4 large lemons cut into halves
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp each thyme, sage, and rosemary (or your favorite herbs)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sweet butter at room temperature
- ½ cup Sable & Rosenfeld Tipsy Russian Mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean, wash and dry turkey thoroughly inside and out. Rub the turkey with 2 of the lemons. Place the remaining cut lemon halves, garlic, and herb mixture into the cavity of the turkey.
- In a medium bowl mix together 1 cup of softened butter, 1/2 cup of Sable and Rosenfeld Russian Mustard, 1 Tbsp of salt and 2 tsp freshly ground pepper or to taste; set aside.
- Wet enough parchment paper to cover the exposed part of the turkey. (The paper should be large enough to tuck under the back of the bird.) Wring the paper out and lay on a flat surface. Take the butter mixture and spread in an even layer all over the paper. Place butter side down on top and around the turkey, tucking in well.
- Roast breast down for half the cooking time; flip the turkey over and continue roasting. (It is easy to flip when wrapped in the paper and yet it will also crisp up nicely even though it is wrapped in the parchment paper.) Roast turkey for 20 minutes per pound.
- Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Back to Recipes