Cherries and nut mix goes incredibly well with a stiff cocktail. This appetizer works well when your guests first arrive and at the end of the night with a nightcap.
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup each, pecans and almonds, unsalted
- 1 jar Sable & Rosenfeld Whiskey Tipsy Cherries* (oven dried - see note below)
Sugar Mixture Ingredients:
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp salt
- grated rind of 1 orange
- Beat the egg white until foamy. Stir in the nuts and cherries and mix until well coated.
- Combine sugar mixture ingredients separately. Mix in the nut mixture and then spread onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325F degrees, stirring often, until golden, about 20-25 minutes.
- Note - Oven-dried cherries: Drain cherries well. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 250F degrees for 2 to 2½ hours until they are dry and crinkled.