This recipe is created by Spirited LA’s Hannah Chamberlain, she constructs original cocktails, is a guru of alcohol culture and she recommends the best spots to drink in Los Angeles. Hannah presents her Sable & Rosenfeld inspired cocktail— The Hail Cherry, by mixing festive flavors of rosemary, ginger, and citrus. This cocktail is perfect for sharing over the holidays or any time!
- 1½ oz bourbon
- ½ oz ginger liqueur
- ½ oz rosemary simple syrup
- ½ oz freshly squeezed and strained lemon juice
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 2 - 3 Sable & Rosenfeld Whiskey Tipsy Cherries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Handful of fresh rosemary sprigs
- Add bourbon, ginger liqueur, rosemary syrup, and lemon to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake for 30 seconds until well chilled.
- Fine strain into coupe glass.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig inserted through two or three Whiskey Tipsy Cherries. Serve and enjoy!
Rosemary Syrup Preparation:
- Bring one cup of water to a boil and gradually add sugar while stirring until the sugar is entirely dissolved.
- Add rosemary to the simple syrup, turn down heat, and let simmer for ten minutes.
- Turn off heat and continue to let the mixture sit for another fifteen minutes.
- Strain into a glass container to remove sprigs, and refrigerate until cool.
- Syrup is good to use for up to three days.
Back to Recipes