An impressive dessert that is decadent and beautiful, this "tipsy" pear is cooked in wine. the best part is If you have left over wine from making the dessert, drink it!
- 6 pears, slightly ripe with stems attached any type.
- 2 jars of Sable & Rosenfeld Whiskey Tipsy Cherries
- 2 cups of sugar divided in half
- 1 bottle of white wine*
- 1 piece of cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- Peel pears trying to keep stems intact. Slice a small piece off the bottom so they are easy to stand on a dessert plate
- Place pears in a pot that can easily hold them with liquid to cover. Add the cherry liquid, 1 cup of sugar and spices. Reserve cherries for garnish.
- Top with enough wine so the pears are submerged. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a bubbling simmer. Poach pears until a knife can easily pierce them.
- Remove pears from liquid and let cool.
- Prior to serving place in a small saucepan 1 cup of poaching liquid and the remaining cup of sugar. Boil until quite thick.
- Place pears on individual plates or a serving plate.
- Drizzle with syrup and place cherries around to garnish.
- This may be served as is or with a rich Tahitian Vanilla Ice Cream.