Impress your guests with this fancy oyster appetizer! Make sure the oysters are fresh from your local fishmonger. Everything can be assembled earlier in the day and refrigerated until ready to bake.
- 24 medium Oysters
- 1½ cups well drained cooked spinach or collard greens
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup shopped scallions
- 2 Tbsp crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Sable & Rosenfeld 3 Pepper Blast
- 2 drops hot red pepper sauce
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or softened butter
- 1 tsp anisette liqueur
- Shuck 24 medium oysters and clean 12 oyster shells. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients (except olive oil/butter and anisette) in food processor just until minced, about 30 seconds.
- Then add olive oil/softened butter and anisette liqueur and process for 10 seconds more.
- Place two shucked oysters in each oyster shell. Spoon 1 heaping tsp of the greens mixture over each oyster. Sprinkle baking sheet liberally with coarse salt. Nestle the oysters into the salt to steady them.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and bake until plumped, about 10 minutes, then broil until the tops are browned, about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot. Garnish with additional Sable & Rosenfeld Three Pepper Blast.
- Note: Everything can be assembled earlier in the day and refrigerated until ready to bake.