Cookies baked with Sable & Rosenfeld cherries give it a beautiful natural pink hue. Topped with milk chocolate kisses gives this cookie a dynamic texture and taste.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened, but still cool
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tsp Sable & Rosenfeld Tipsy Cherry Juice
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup Sable & Rosenfeld Tipsy Cherries, stems removed, roughly chopped
- Granulated sugar
- 36 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Reduce the speed to the lowest setting and slowly add the powdered sugar and salt. Add the cherry juice and the almond extract until combined. With the mixer still on low, slowly add the flour, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Increase the mixer speed to medium and add the cherries.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch thick balls, roll each ball in granulated sugar, then place on a baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart. Using your thumb, gently press each cookie in its center until the cookie is about ½ inch thick.
- Bake the cookies until the bottoms are lightly browned, approximately 14 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie center. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 36 Cookies.